Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Last Weeks' Moments

Okay, I know I've been on hiatus for a few weeks. Oops. But when finals start to happen, my life is sucked away. In the last few weeks, I'm pretty sure my life revolved around the library. See, I have proof in the fact that now I have a favorite floor in the library in which to study. Yeah, I've become pretty nerdy.So, in light of this I should probably inform you of what else is happening around here.

Let's see. In my last post, I mentioned that we had a Monday off. Well, right after I finished that blog post it started to snow. Like... a lot. I live in an area of Tokyo that gets the extremes in temperatures. So, if anywhere in Tokyo is going to get snow it would be here. And boy, did we get a LOT of snow. I think it must have been close to four inches or so. And, there are no no snow plows here in Tokyo, so we were dealing with the aftermath for several days.

 
Then, there was two weeks of frantic studying for finals. I had four in one day, so it was rather necessary for the studying that took place to be frantic. And, of course, once these finals were complete it was time to celebrate. Last Friday, I went to Roppongi with some friends to cheer surviving a day with four finals. I met some of my apartment mate's friends. They were all very kind and I had a wonderful time.
Taken from another member of the group.

And, I had two more finals on Monday. So, after my last final of the night my classmates and I decided to go out and celebrate too. We've been a small class all year, so it was fun to go out and eat with them. I know a lot of them are going back to their home countries after the semester, so I hope them all a safe flight!
Taken from another member of the group.
And, of course since people are leaving there has to be farewell parties. So, last night a group of us at the apartment got together to say goodbye to one of our friends that is leaving today. We had lots of wonderful food and drinks. And, I will miss all those leaving now that the semester has ended. 
I think that's all that's happened around here in the past few days. Now that the semester is done its time to get excited for all the things that I am going to be getting up to over break. First stop- Sapporo!




No comments:

Post a Comment