Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Asakusa Again?!

Happy Monday from Japan! Today is Seiji No Hi- which means "Coming of Age Day", which means I get a three day weekend. Hurray! I love how it just so happens to fall on the weekend after our winter break. It makes getting back into school easier. But that means Tuesday is going to be a 'virtual Monday', which means I go to my Monday classes on Tuesday and ignore Tuesday's schedule entirely.  Poor Tuesday.

Anyways! Long weekends make for great adventure weekends. Though, the adventure I went on wasn't actually planned. See, I've been to Asakusa twice now. But, a friend in the apartment has not. And, the cool thing about Asakusa is that you can see SkyTree from the harbor. And, my friend hadn't seen SkyTree yet either. So, it made for the perfect adventure for the Saturday of our long weekend.

Yes, I know I went to Asakusa last weekend, but I didn't get to see the temple last weekend! This weekend we got to go up the main avenue up to the temple. This was both fun and dangerous- there are lots of Japanese themed trinkets for sale as you make your way up to the temple, and we got a bit sucked in.The decorations they put up for New Years were fun to see too!




After thoroughly exploring the temple avenue, we headed down to the harbor to take some pictures of SkyTree. We ended up hanging around the harbor until it got dark enough to see SkyTree light up. It was pretty spectacular to see from across the harbor, the light from the boats going by and from the tower was a really cool effect. 
 
Hope everyone else's weekend was as full of adventure as mine was!



No comments:

Post a Comment