Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tokyo Tour

So yesterday was the Tokyo Tour. It was full of adventure! I'm so glad that I went; I got to see a lot of places in Tokyo I haven't been to yet. I hope that I continue to go adventuring on the weekends! So, there was actually more Japanese student than there was exchange students. But, that was okay in my book! I went with a group of seven and there was only one other exchange student. It meant I had to practice my Japanese. Although, my hosts were kind enough to help me when I didn't know the Japanese words I was trying to say.

First stop, lunch. Which our hosts decided to take us to Roppongi for. Roppongi, according to one of my guides, is like the Tokyo Hamptons. I wouldn't know, I've never been to the Hamptons. For lunch, we were taken to a dashi restaurant. Dashi is a type of broth that you pour over a bowl of rice a meat. I chose the shrimp plate. I don't know what other sea food was in the bowl, or what herbs they tossed them in, but it was delicious and very filling.


 
After lunch, we walked around Roppongi for a bit. We saw this really strange statue of a spider that was actually pretty creepy. But, we did get a really good view of the Tokyo Tower.

Then, we went to Harajuku. You know, like in the Gwen Steffani song? It really is famous for closer. But the other thing it's famous for? The better thing? Crepes! Deliciously filled crepes! Couldn't miss out on that actions. I got a 'Milk Chocolate Special'. It was so yummy, I almost forgot to take a picture of it before I devoured it.
 

After our Harajuku snack, we headed to Asakusa to see the temple. Also, Asakusa was where we were ending our adventure for the day, so it worked out pretty well. The temple is line with all of these small shops that is reminiscent of a Japanese festival, and I had a good time exploring all the knick nacks inside. 

 

 
Lastly, we met up with the rest of our group at the Sky Tree. We took a group picture and then split up into groups of who was going back to the dorm and who was going to go out drinking. I went back home. It was an exciting day!
 






1 comment:

  1. I like the first picture where we can see your reflection in the mirror behind the table. I don't see you in the group shot. Did you take that picture too? Next time let someone else take the camera and you get into the shot!

    ReplyDelete