Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Break!!!

As of yesterday evening, I am officially on vacation!!! Sixteen days of no school! Or well, sort of. I still have two, count them: two, group projects that need attention over the break. BUT!! I have no reading assignments, no quizzes, and no homework. I may be using too many exclamation points, but I am very happy about this development. It means that I can read books all day and not feel guilty about it! Not that I don't read books all day anyway...

Last Friday, as in the 14th, Sophia University threw the exchange students a Christmas party. I haven't written about yet because I forgot (yet again) to bring my camera. Luckily, my dorm mate did not and she said I could use her pictures for the blog. It just took a while to get said pictures from her.

The party was fun! There was a lot of food (that didn't last very long) and lots of activities they set up for the students to do. But, let's focus on the food first. Mostly, the University provided traditional Japanese winter foods. Like, stews and so forth. But, there was also fried chicken and french fries for the less adventurous eaters. I had a little of everything, and it was all delicious. Except the desserts, those went so fast that I didn't even get time to contemplate whether I wanted one or not.



Then there was the tables of activities that they set up. I am not ashamed to say that I got really involved in the string and making cat's cradles. There were all sorts of traditional toys, but the string really held my attention. I am easily entertained. The school also hosted a raffle, but I didn't win anything. Though a friend of mine got a Sophia key chain! 

Overall, it was a very fun party. And it put me right in the mood for Christmas. Unfortunately, there was still a week left of school before the holiday began. Yeah, that wasn't very exciting. Too many quizzes and projects to contemplate! But, I made it! Now, I can spend a day relaxing as I look forward to the two weeks ahead. There are plans being made, and once they are finalized I'll share them! 

I hope every one else is getting ready for Christmas, it's only a few days away!! And, on another note, I've made it to December 22nd and the world seems to still be turning!! 




1 comment:

  1. Well, we are not quite finished with the 21st and we are still here, but there are still a few hours to go!

    ReplyDelete