Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Moving Right on to Christmas

I'm becoming a real night owl! Okay, that might be stretching the truth just a bit. And the girls that I was with last night could make the case that keeping me up late is at the expense of their sanity. I believe I was likened to an over active puppy on several occasions.  But, it was fun all the same!

Yesterday, I had no plans. Which I don't mind. I am definitely a home body. On the weekends, I very much like to just relax after a week of school. But, plans changed rather quickly when several of the girls in the apartment decided to see the Christmas lights in Roppongi. Oh boy!

First stop to Roppongi; Tokyo Midtown. The lights were amazing!



 
And then... we got distracted. Isn't that how it always goes? 

Right across from where the illumination show was taking place was a mall. A very high end mall. We didn't know that until we went in. But we had fun exploring! The Christmas decorations were beautiful!


 
But, we were getting hungry and we couldn't find any places at the mall we could afford. Twelve dollars for french fries? No thank you! So, we exited and headed towards the sketchier part of Roppongi. 

Here's the thing about Roppongi. Parts of it are very 'high end' (like the mall we found ourselves in). But other parts are know for the seedy bars and clubs. But, its also where all the cheap food is too. And yet, somehow, we ended up in TGI Fridays. 

It's only taken three months for the American food cravings to kick in!


I started off with an Oreo milkshake and got an appetizer of calamari for dinner. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the craving. Now, all I can think of is hamburgers, tacos, and pizza! This is becoming a serious problem!

After dinner, we tried to find the other illumination display. We found this lovely strip of lights on our way to Roppongi Hills. 

 
We didn't end up finding the second illumination show. And it was getting late. The last train runs at about midnight and it was already eleven. Since we were about an hour out from the apartment, we decided to play it safe. I'm sure one day I will end up missing the last train and have to stay out until five am in the morning, but yesterday was not that day! 

Hope everyone else is getting into the holiday spirit. Any cool light shows to write about?





No comments:

Post a Comment