Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yukatas and Karaoke

I mentioned in my last post that the owner of our dorm was throwing a party for the international students. It was this last Friday, and it was much more than I could have ever expected. While, talking to the owner of Azalea, I got the impression that he was a very wealthy man. Not only does he own the dorm, but also a bakery and the restaurant that we had dinner at! In order for the manager of our dorm to help us get in to the yukatas, we had to arrive at the restaurant at least half an hour before the party started, because of paranoia, another dorm mate and I ended up leaving for the restaurant straight from school.  We got there very early. But, the manager was already there, and she quickly trussed us up in the yukatas.
 
As fun as it was to wear the yukata, I was cinched in super tight! It took a few minutes to get used  to breathing. After a few hours I finally had to change back into regular clothes. Partly because I wanted to eat more food, and I couldn't in the yukata. Because, the food was delicious. The owner proudly told us the chef was trained in France. 

It was a good thing I changed out of my yukata too, because the owner then invited us to karaoke. And we didn't have to pay a dime! I sung maybe more songs then I should have, but for the ton of people that went with us there weren't that many who wanted to sing. 
 
Overall, a very fun night- all for free! And we didn't even miss the last train!




2 comments:

  1. you sing? it must be from the johnson side of the family! glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete