Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Change in the Weather

So, I had to break out pants about two days ago. And I had to put the comforter on my bed this morning because I got so cold last night. I really should have done it last night, instead of being a big shivery heap, but my sleepy logic was that I would be colder if I got out from my summer covers than I was without my comforter- the longer term gain of warmth was not assessed.

I've survived another set of extremely packed days. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I'm actually eating lunch AND dinner on campus. So, for lunch I can eat leftovers and zap them in the microwave in the cafeteria- this works out rather well. However, for dinner (especially on Mondays) I have to start getting creative- I need to figure out some room-temperature plates that sound appetizing. So far, I've eaten two cheese and tomato sandwiches. Somehow, I have a feeling these will get monotonous very quickly. PLEASE, if you have any suggestions for room temperature dinners- let me know in the comment section!

Though Fall seems to have finally arrived in Tokyo, I'm wearing a yukata on Friday. A yukata is a summer kimono, so the season should be over right? Except, our apartment manager is throwing an international student party on Friday, and has a bunch of kimonos he's lending out to the girls. I plan to bring my camera. I went down to the front office just now and picked mine out; a dark blue yukata with pink flowers and silver sparkles, along with a pale blue obi (which is the sash that ties the yukata closed). I'm not quiet sure what to do with my hair or make-up while dressing up in traditional Japanese clothing. Suggestions?

I have to go prepare for a presentation now, it's my first of the year! I'm kind of nervous, though the style so far has been pretty informal. But, it means lots of in depth reading and possibly looking at other not required readings (good thing I figured out how to hack into Dad's Economist account!). It's about Dependency Theory. If anyone has any insight or reflective questions about Dependency Theory, let me know!

PS. I updated the blog a bit, do you like it? Is it too busy?

4 comments:

  1. I liked the old format better. I will put some thought into those rum temperature meals. I can't wait to see you in the yukata. I think you need to slick your hair back with lots of gel and try to get it into a bun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! Thanks for the feed back, maybe I will try and simplify the image in the background? I thought it might be too busy, but the ocean just didn't seem to fit into the Japanese theme I had going! I'm not sure I have enough hair to slick back into a bun! Maybe I can do up the top half in a bun and leave the other part down?

      Delete
  2. I liked the collage better with all the Japanese pictures of all the adventures...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete