Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Around the Corner

Next week, our school is giving us a five day weekend. See, in Japan each school puts on a school festival every year. And, during the duration of the festival, there are no classes. That means I get Halloween off! Yup, pretty exciting. But, now us kids at the dorms have to figure out what to do with ourselves for five whole days. Some kids are going to Okinawa. But, I really didn't feel like buying a plane ticket. We tossed the idea around about going to Mount Fuji for a couple of days, but we can do that any time of the year. What should we do to get the full benefit of having a school day off, on a day that also happens to be Halloween?

The contender right now? Tokyo Disney. Yeah, pretty exciting stuff. I'm not sure if its actually going to happen, but I'll be super excited if it does!

I'm supposed to work the first morning of the festival at a booth my club is setting up. I'm not sure what will be expected of me- I'm just hoping they remember that my Japanese is limited. If they have me deal with customers I'll be a big mumbling mess. Our club is doing bubble tea (which is a type of milk tea that has these jelly things in the bottom of the cup- I am not their biggest fan). I'm hoping they will just have me filling drinks or something equally mundane.


I've been invited by a Japanese friend to go to breakfast on Friday with her, and then go explored the festival. She's created images in my head of the wonderful breakfast place she knows, so I can't wait! And, it will be nice to attend the festival with someone who is familiar with how they work. So, just striving to make it to the weekend, so that next weeks festivities will begin!

2 comments:

  1. so when do you get to practice your Japanese? when we come visit we expect you to be our interpreter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I practice it at school, and when I'm at my clubs!

      Delete